Thursday, November 10, 2011

The First Snow Has Fallen

Yay, the first snow of the season has come. It isn't sticking to the ground or anything yet, and its rather nasty and wet outside, but that means that the real snow is coming soon. I don't really enjoy this in between faze, i like real snow. But I'm happy about this because i really do like winter. I like how it makes everything nice and cozy inside, how it makes everything look just beautiful outside, and how you can go sledding and play in the snow and everything has a freshness to it. It also is very calm and peaceful. And it has the best holidays in it as well, or at least the ones that i think have the nicest feeling to them. Winter has come at last.
I haven't been on here much this week because i have been doing the tech week for a show at my school called Lost In Yonkers, I'm doing the lighting for the play and it has turned out really nice. I'm really happy with it and proud of it...even if it simple and only for a box set which is the easiest set to light. I still am happy though, i got it all done on time, no worries, everything is perfect, in cues, and ready to go. I mean yeah i have basically been at the school from 6:30 am to 9:30pm each day all week....so you can kinda see why i haven't had much time, but i love doing theatre, its a second home to me. Today we had our opening night and everything tech wise went perfectly fine...its just the people i have to deal with that make me pissed and make the show not run well. I have a girl who was supposed to be my assistant for this show who never helped me at all. Me and Deric did the lighting for this show...not her....yet shes still sticking around and shes really annoying me. She thinks she knows everything there is to know about the theatre...she doesn't, she just started helping really, and just the way she is and talks bothers the heck outta me. So she started giving me a headache today. Then we have the newer tech people who stress over the little things and are like freaking out when I'm sitting there going this happens all the time, no big deal, we get it fixed its good, no need to freak out...and i still have to listen to them freak out. Then we have the ushers who are just people i want to smack because they have to consideration for the audience or the theatre and just piss me off, and finally there are people who are just dumb, just plain stupid who i want to punch cause they also annoy me to the point of a migraine...which i got today mind you. Just..GAH...sometimes i hate people.
There are pictures i need to put up here soon. I will when i get the time. I also want to ask Dawn something that i don't know if she will want to do or if Deric will agree to do it if she says yes...hmm. But yeah, my week so far has been interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment