Friday, December 9, 2011

And This Is Why I Don't Get Too Hopeful.....

Well....it was worth a shot, got hopeful, had a new plan that seemed like it would be possible to do, then i saw the requirements.....and they don't apply to me. I really did want to go to Aquinas, but the only way that would be possible were to be if i got yet another scholarship..or many more..or if i could attempt to get a full ride in a scholarship competition that they do. I was kinda excited and hopeful with the idea of possibly being able to compete in this scholarship thing. But they have fine line requirements that i didn't see till now, and unless I magically get like 4 points higher on my ACT score, or get even smarter and raise my GPA to like a 3.7 or 3.8.....i cant even enter the competition. Putting GPA and ACT score together there is a minimum of 61 points needed to enter. I only have 58, so basically i am not smart enough to enter for the scholarship. And here i thought that i was doing really well in school and that i was smart, according to college though that isn't the case. Looks like ill be going to MCC for my first two years of college for sure now. Definitely have a case of disappointment and I'm actually kinda depressed right now even. I always get hopeful, always, and i always end up getting crushed. Could use one hell of a big huge right now. I know I'm retaking the ACT tomorrow morning, but it isn't like I'm magically going to do so much better on it. I'm sad, mainly for the fact that i really thought i could get somewhere in life, things were really working out and falling into place. Now though, they fell out of it and i have to start over. Thank you for accepting me Aquinas, i would love to go to your college, but I don't have enough money to go to you and I'm not brilliant enough to apply for things that will help me go to you. So I'm sorry but ill have to decline. I'm not really going to say anything more about  this to anyone for a long while, even to my mother because i was hopeful and i feel like she'll laugh at me for even trying. I'll keep this info to myself and any of you who read this post will know it to, but other then that no one will. So MCC it is, I'm staying in town then which is good, gives me another two years to figure life out. But...i don't know if they have the classes i need....and I'm just sad about this. MCC is great and all, but i don't know. I want my giant hug.

No comments:

Post a Comment